Salary: £8.33 to £8.33
We are currently recruiting for a Sign Maker on behalf of our prestigious Walsall based client.
Responsible for the manufacture of standard road traffic, high speed and commercial signage, including production, assembly and packing. Complete audits as requested and contribute to the annual stock check. Working as part of the signs operations team and providing full operational support to all areas of the business.
- Sign Assembly
- Responsible for completing the following tasks for finished goods for orders as instructed on picking lists issued by the Team leader; drill sign plates to suit quick fit frames using jigs, rad sign plate corners, assemble channel to sign plates, assemble strapping to plastic sign plates for cones signs.
- Complete assembly of sign plates and frames using clipping or riveting method as requested.
- Production – Specials Manufacture bespoke signage to order as instructed on purchase orders issued by the Team Leader. Applying vinyl lettering to covered plates as per the artwork supplied.
- Complete quality checks for all work produced.
- Transfer completed signage to the sign frame area for assembly, or package for dispatch.
- Apply livery to vehicles as instructed on picking lists issued by the Team Leader referring to the artwork supplied.
- Utilise the Roland machine for specials and weed out vinyl.
- Roll jobs onto covered plates once weeding is complete.
- Maintain accurate stock levels within the system by ensuring orders are picked accurately.
- Report stock issues and highlight where customer orders could potentially be delayed.
- Complete stock audits as requested, feeding back to the Team Leader and Quality Team.
- Support the business during annual stock checks.
- Health and Safety
- Complete tasks in accordance with the risk assessments, notify the Team Leader of any potential noncompliance.
- Report accidents and near misses using the correct methods.
- Ensure the correct PPE is used in the depot at all times.
- Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, ensure areas are free from waste and trip hazards etc Quality
- Ensure works are carried out in accordance with processes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing suggestions and feedback to Team Leaders and Management.
- Work to agreed timescales updating the Team Leader on progress.
- Maintain good communication with Team Leaders and Management at all times.
- All orders are to be wrapped, banded and packaged as per delivery method.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Previous experience within the sign print industry, specifically sign assembly
- Attention to detail and ability to follow process
- Ability to work well within a team, offering support to others
Desirable Forklift licence
Working hours: 07.30 - 17.30 Monday to Friday