Location: West Midlands
Salary: £8.50 to £9.50
We are currently recruiting for a Yard Person for our client based in Walsall , this is for an immediate start for the right candidate
The Yard Person is responsible for cleaning down all returned equipment to prepare for service and maintenance work. To load and unload vehicles and maintain a clean and safe yard area. You would be stacking and unstacking skips in piles, scrapping, grinding and cleaning the skips down. You would be working in a small team of 6. So, the ideal candidate must be a team player. It is very physical work.
• Loading & Unloading Load delivery vehicles using system generated paperwork.
• All paperwork to be handed to the office for processing.
• Check equipment for damage and highlight to the fitters and Team Leader.
• Ensure safety, lifting and survey equipment is transferred to the depot.
• Prepare non mechanical plant for hire; cleaning down, painting and checking ready for hire.
• Various duties including cleaning down equipment and painting.
• Ensure the correct PPE is used in the depot at all times.
• Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, ensure areas are free from waste and trip hazards etc
• Complete weekly checks for all equipment used within the depot as listed in department file.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
• Essential Previous experience working in a Yard Person role in the plant hire industry
• Previous experience loading and unloading vehicles
• Driving licence Ability to work well within a team, offering support to others
Must have a Counter balance fork truck licence - 5 ton truck experience would be advantageous to load and unload articulated lorries
Please apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com